My personal goals
I’ve started the journey to remote and left behind a lot of things, namely:
- manager who’s there to facilitate my work
- colleagues to talk with
- “another place”, where I can work
What is this for? To get a few amazing opportunities:
- travel more
- live in the places you care about
- do my best work when I feel better (namely, early at morning) (and not imitate work when I feel bad) (and stop working, when I’m tired)
- spend more time with my loved ones
- avoid wasting time commuting
- Just finish anything. Take a really small task and “get the ball rolling”. Huge tasks can be daunting. Avoid that. Decompose your tasks till you’re happy to start working right now.
- Divide work and home, even if virtually. Work in one room, rest in the other. And keep a routine - shower, getting dressed, breakfast, work, exercise, work, go out with friends. Like this, but not “work from bed 1 - 8pm and then go out”.
- Exercise to decompress.
I think, the list is incomplete, so I wonder, what might be a good thing to add into this list?
What helps you?
Btw, guess why I’ve taken the time to write this article? I have some work to do!
And I guess now I will start. :)
P.S. About the title. It’s a real Google query! I wonder, who are the persons asking this kind of questions.